When do I need to book a florist?
Once you have set a date and booked your wedding venue it is a good idea to book those suppliers you know you really want. We get booked up quickly as we only take on a limited number of weddings per year so it is good to get in touch with us as early as you can.
Do you have a price list?
Every wedding is different and every bouquet or table centre we do is different to reflect the style and personality of each couple. We therefore don’t work from a price list. Our work is bespoke to you so we put together a quote based exactly on what you want, the flowers you love and the look you want to achieve on your special day. When we put together a quote for you everything is listed so you can see exactly what is included – there are no hidden charges or added extras, your quote will include the use of all our beautiful vases and delivery and set up on the day of your wedding.
How much should I budget for my wedding flowers?
This is a hard one to answer as it really depends on what your total wedding budget is, the size of wedding you are having, the type of flowers you want and how high flowers are on your list of priorities. Our couples spend anywhere between £800 and £4,000 on their wedding flowers but the sky really is the limit when it comes to flowers, the more budget you have for them the more flowers this buys. We will work closely with you to make your budget work hard! We will offer advice on what flowers are in season and how you can achieve the look you want with the budget you have. Something worth remembering is the larger your wedding the more you will need to budget; this is because the more bridesmaids and tables you have the more bouquets and centrepieces you will need.
When do you ask for payment?
If you would like to book with us we ask for a 25% deposit to secure your date with payment in full 4 weeks before your wedding. Please note deposits are non-refundable.
What do I need to bring to my first consultation?
If you have seen flowers on Pinterest, online or in magazines that you like we would love to see them to build up an idea of what you like and the look you want to achieve. It is also really useful to see a picture of your dress, your bridesmaids’ dresses and the groom’s suit (if you have these arranged, lots of people don’t so don’t worry). Any information you have about your day like the colour scheme, number of arrangements you need and flowers you like or dislike is also really useful.
The first consultation is a chance for you to get to know us, look at our portfolio and for us to get to know you over a good old cup of tea and pile of biscuits. We are really passionate about what we do and we get excited over every single wedding, we want your flowers to be perfect and we will work our socks off to ensure they exceed expectations. We are a friendly pair and want your wedding planning to be as fun and stress free as possible so if you have any questions or queries after your consultation we are always on the end of the phone for a chat.
Can you do a consultation over the phone?
Yes we can do whatever is easiest for you – phone, email, face time…
Where are you based?
We are based in Colchester Essex and work on weddings throughout Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and beyond. We are more than happy to travel and have worked on weddings in London, Whitstable, York and The Cotswolds.
Do you take on more than one wedding per day?
No, we never work on more than one wedding per day, we also don’t take on wedding work the day before your wedding. We are exclusively yours for two days – your wedding is such a special time and we want to give it the attention it deserves.
Do you deliver to the ceremony and reception venues?
Yes – we can deliver your wedding flowers to wherever they need to be on the morning of your wedding. It is common for us to do three drops on the morning of a wedding -dropping off the bouquets, decorating the church and then delivering to the venue.
Do you charge extra for use of your vases?
No. We have to put your flowers in something so wouldn’t dream of charging you for it. We have a beautiful selection of vintage cut glass vases, jam and mason jars, crates, troughs, china and jugs you can choose from and we are constantly adding to our collection. If you want to supply your own vases that is ok too.
What are your Terms and Conditions?
Our Terms and Conditions, which you agree to upon booking with us, are set out below. They sound very formal but are there to protect both us and you and avoid any confusion or misunderstanding:
- We ask for a 25% deposit to secure your wedding booking, this deposit is non-refundable or transferable.
- Once you have secured you wedding date, a further consultation will take place approximately 6 weeks before your wedding. This is to finalise all requirements for your wedding.
- We will send you an invoice for your final payment 5 weeks before your wedding date. This invoice will need to be paid in full no later than 4 weeks before your wedding. We reserve the right to cancel any wedding flowers, if payment is not made by this date.
- Upon receipt of the final invoice we will send a final copy of your flower order to you. We will ask you to check this carefully and confirm in writing that the order is correct. We will then order your flowers from the Wholesaler. Please note that any amendments however slight after this date will incur charges as we ourselves will incur charges from the Wholesaler.
- As fresh flowers and foliage are living products, there are occasions when particular varieties may be unavailable. Whilst every effort is made to source products accordingly, sometimes we are unable to obtain a particular type of flower. All fresh flowers and foliage are subject to availability and stringent quality checks, as such A Vintage Wedding reserve the right to use a similar flower in place of the previously chosen flower.
- Once the flowers are delivered they are in your care. A Vintage Wedding can not take any responsibility for any damage caused after delivery. Please note that all arrangements are photographed before delivery and checked thoroughly before they are left.
- Plant material can be harmful if consumed. For young bridesmaids and page boys please make them aware of the dangers of eating any of the elements in their flowers or buttonholes.
- Containers will be collected by A Vintage Wedding the day after your wedding between 8am and noon or as agreed.
- Charges will be made for any glassware returned cracked, chipped or broken. Replacement of goods is charged at the current purchase price, it is then your responsibility to reclaim any of these costs from the venue if the venue was at fault.
- If any flower arrangements are being transported from one venue to another by anybody other than A Vintage Wedding you do so at your own risk.
- It is the Bride & Groom’s responsibility to inform their caterer/venue co-ordinater of the number of floral arrangements purchased and where they should be placed. A Vintage Wedding will leave flowers in a designated area (as directed by the venue) and will leave instructions for the caterer/venue coordinator if your reception room is not able to be set out at the time of delivery. It is not the responsibility of A Vintage Wedding if caterers /venue coordinators do not place your flowers into the correct final location.
- Equipment hired (vases, plinths, candelabras, etc) remain the property of A Vintage Wedding at all times and must not be removed from the venue unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- In the event of cancellation, your booking fee will not be refunded. Complete cancellation of the wedding must be advised in writing. There will be a cancellation fee, depending on the notice given. This charge will be discussed with you and applied at our discretion.
- In the extremely unlikely event that we have to cancel your booking with us you will be refunded in full and we will assist you in finding a replacement florist.
- A Vintage Wedding cannot be held responsible for failure to deliver any order due to an Act of God, terrorism, crime, transport failure, severe illness or extreme weather conditions (we will however always give it a good go even if we have to sledge your bouquet to you).
- A Vintage Wedding accepts no liability for injury, loss or damage to the hirer or any third party.